Having a bad hair day can be frustrating, especially when you’re short on time and need to look presentable. But fear not! With these 9 cute hairstyle ideas, you can turn your unruly locks into a fabulous mane, effortlessly.
You could be having long or short hair, there’s a style here for everyone. So, let’s dive in and discover the perfect hairstyle to conquer those bad hair days!
1. Messy Bun
The messy bun is a classic go-to hairstyle that is both trendy and easy to achieve. Start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic band.
Twist the ponytail around itself, creating a bun shape, and secure it with bobby pins. This tousled and relaxed look is perfect for casual outings or even for a day at the office.
- To add volume to your messy bun, gently pull at the hair on the crown of your head after securing the bun.
- You can use texturizing spray or dry shampoo to create a more textured and messy look.
- For a boho vibe, leave a few strands of hair loose around your face.
You Might Also Like: How to Choose the Perfect Hairstyle for Your Face Shape
2. Top Knot
Similar to the messy bun, the top knot is another versatile hairstyle that works for various occasions. Begin by brushing your hair upwards to create a high ponytail at the crown of your head.
Twist the ponytail into a tight coil and wrap it around the base, securing with bobby pins. The top knot is a chic and stylish option that can instantly elevate any outfit.
- To add a twist to your top knot, you can braid the ponytail before twisting it into a knot.
- For a sleek and polished look, use a comb and hairspray to smooth any flyaways.
- Experiment with different placements of the top knot to find the most flattering position for your face shape.
3. Half-Up, Half-Down Braided Crown
For a more intricate and boho-inspired look, try the half-up, half-down braided crown. Start by parting your hair in the middle, and then take a small section from one side and begin braiding it.
Repeat the process on the other side. Once both braids are complete, cross them over your head, securing them with bobby pins. This hairstyle adds a touch of elegance to your look while keeping your hair out of your face.
- To create a more romantic look, loosen the braids by gently pulling on the outer edges.
- You can incorporate small flowers or hair accessories into the braids for a whimsical touch.
- For added volume, tease the hair at the crown of your head before creating the braids.
4. Sleek Low Ponytail
When you’re dealing with frizzy or unruly hair, a sleek low ponytail can be a lifesaver. Begin by brushing your hair back and securing it at the nape of your neck with an elastic band.
For a polished finish, take a small section of hair from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around the base, securing it with a bobby pin. This simple yet sophisticated hairstyle is perfect for both formal and casual occasions.
- Apply a smoothing serum or gel to tame any flyaways and create a sleeker look.
- Use a fine-toothed comb to ensure a clean and smooth part before securing the ponytail.
- To add a touch of glamour, wrap a colorful ribbon or scarf around the base of the ponytail.
You Might Also Like: How to Style Your Hair Like a Celebrity
5. Braided Headband
If you’re looking to add a feminine touch to your bad hair day, try the braided headband. Start by taking a small section of hair from one side of your head, near your hairline, and begin braiding it.
Bring the braid over the top of your head, securing it with bobby pins on the other side. Repeat the process on the opposite side. This hairstyle is not only cute but also helps to keep your hair off your face.
- For a more intricate look, you can create multiple braids and intertwine them across your head.
- Add volume to the rest of your hair by using a volumizing spray or teasing the roots.
- Experiment with different braid sizes and textures to create a unique and personalized look.
6. Textured Waves
For those with naturally wavy or curly hair, embrace your texture and opt for loose, textured waves. Start by applying a texturizing spray to enhance your natural waves.
If you have straight hair, you can achieve this look by using a curling iron or a flat iron to create soft waves. This effortless hairstyle adds volume and movement, making it perfect for any occasion.
- To create more defined waves, use a smaller barrel curling iron and wrap smaller sections of hair around it.
- Apply a sea salt spray to enhance the texture and create a beachy vibe.
- Use your fingers to gently tousle the waves and create a more natural look.
7. Side Braid
A side braid is a versatile and timeless hairstyle that works well for both casual and formal events. Start by parting your hair to one side and gather it over your shoulder.
Begin braiding your hair, keeping it tight and secure. You can opt for a traditional three-strand braid or get creative with a fishtail or Dutch braid. Whichever style you choose, the side braid is sure to elevate your overall look.
- Pull on the outer edges of the braid to create a fuller and more voluminous appearance.
- Incorporate small flowers or ribbons into the braid for a boho-inspired look.
- To add a touch of glamour, wrap a strand of hair around the elastic band at the end of the braid.
8. Twisted Updo
If you’re looking for an elegant updo that hides any bad hair day mishaps, try the twisted updo. Gather your hair at the nape of your neck and divide it into two sections.
Twist each section separately and then twist them together, securing with bobby pins as you go. This sophisticated hairstyle is perfect for special occasions or when you want to add a touch of glamour to your everyday look.
- Add decorative hairpins or jewels to the twisted updo for a more glamorous and formal look.
- Leave a few strands of hair loose around your face to soften the updo and create a more romantic vibe.
- Apply a strong-hold hairspray to keep the twists in place and prevent any unruly flyaways.
9. Scarf Wrap
When all else fails, a scarf wrap can be a stylish and practical option for bad hair days. Simply tie a colorful scarf around your head, covering your hair completely or leaving some strands loose in the front.
This accessory not only adds a pop of color to your outfit but also helps to keep your hair in place throughout the day.
- Experiment with different scarf materials, such as silk or cotton, to achieve different looks and textures.
- Play around with different scarf tying techniques, such as a turban-style wrap or a bow at the back.
- Coordinate the color or pattern of the scarf with your outfit to create a cohesive and stylish look.
With these 9 cute hairstyle ideas, you’ll never have to stress about your hair misbehaving again. So go ahead, experiment with different looks, and embrace the beauty of versatility!
You Might Also Like: Quick And Easy Hairstyles For Short Wavy Hair